Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Post Secondary Research

At one time, high school was not a requirement for a good job(full time with benefits). Today, good jobs require a minimum of high school. Post secondary education/training is any education or training received above the high school level. Post secondary education can increase a workers yearly salary $16,000/year for each year of additional education. This means that a four-year college degree can help an individual earn $64,000/year. In order to recognize the various steps required to obtain a good job, I'd like to identify tools for beginning a search and colleges that might interest me.

College Board is a tool that allows me to search for Colleges. I can do this by location and subject. The site is a little bit confusing, but after a bit of exploration, it can be very helpful.

,Temple University is one college that I found interesting. They have many great programs, diverse campus, and great location. They two very interesting programs; Geology and Geography.

I have requested information from Temple. I hope to apply for this Fall. I need to finish application process, apply for financial aid, and register for classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment